Boys Town Farm is being wiped off the face of the earth. In 1921 Father Flanagan moved his home for homeless boys from a boarding house in downtown Omaha to a large working farm 10 miles west of Omaha, which is now 144th and West Dodge road, and still the current location of Boys Town campus.
The farm and its 260 acres has been sold to make way for a “mixed-use campus” — a euphemistic term for high-valued property used by name-brand businesses, upper class homes and overpriced restaurants.
First phase of development is always the mass destruction of the current condition. Not even a blade of grass was spared, let alone mature trees. Go figure.
Thought for the Day: To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. Winston Churchill